Rules of the Road: Less ‘Me’. More ‘We’!
Welcome to the ISO1200 Education Community!
- Social Learning: Our social learning environment is dedicated to learning, questioning, and conversing about portrait/headshots, beauty, and wedding photography.
- Photography Genres: Portrait/Headshots, Beauty, and Wedding Photography.
- A Safe Place: ISO1200 Education is a safe place. To guarantee quality in all aspects of and for the community, you must create a free account and identify yourself (see “Profile”, G/4). This ensures a friendly and personal experience for everyone subscribed.
- Mods + Head of Responsibility:
- The community is run by the editorial + moderator team of ISO1200 Media.
- Head: Dan Hostettler, Editor-in-Chief ISO1200 Media
Guidelines for Feeds, Groups, Forums, Profiles + Comment Sections
A) Acceptable Content
- ✅ Genres: Portrait/Headshot, Beauty, and Wedding Photography
- ✅ Accepted Media: Photo Uploads, Video Embeds, Comments/Text
- ✅ Content: Results, BTS, Insights, DIY Docs > use your common sense
- ✅ Yes: Quality Boudoir Photography
- ❌ No: bikini shots, profane lingerie pix, “sexy” pics, half-naked women/men ⚠️**
- ❌ No: (semi)naked minors ⚠️*
- ❌ No: Nudity – in no form whatsoever ⚠️*
Online communities can thrive with lively discussion, which is often perceived as their lifeblood.
ISO1200 is a welcoming environment and safe space for learning + exploring. We treat everyone with respect. Healthy debates are natural, but kindness is required. In short: Respect your fellow members. Period.
Read on for things to avoid and things to do more of:
- ❌ No flaming, personally attacking, or vulgar language. ⚠️**
- ❌ If someone does not want CC, do not give CC. ⚠️**
- ❌ Bullying & trolling of any kind isn’t allowed, and degrading comments about things like race, religion, culture, sexual orientation, gender, or identity will not be tolerated. ⚠️*
- ❌ No “in search of…” and Meetup Posts. For your safety and best interest, we will delete meetup or “in search of” posts. ⚠️*
- ✅ Be nice and keep your comments constructive.
- ✅ More people read than post. The opinions you read are often the minority and remember they are just opinions.
- ✅ Be nice. It’s easier than being nasty, it reduces your stress levels, and it makes you feel good.
- ✅ Arguing is pointless.
- ✅ We’re a community and should be helping one another.
Don’t foul the rules (otherwise, bad things may happen). We are a community, so let’s act like it!
C) Posting + Sharing Media
- ⚠️ MUST: Share High-End Quality Images: We are here TO LEARN photography. Low-quality finals, blurry behind-the-scenes pics, etc. won’t help much and will be deleted.
- ⚠️ MUST: Artistic Value for the Community: It is within our sole discretion, based on quality aspects & editorial process, to decline to publish your post. Rejection can be based on poor technical skills, no added value for the group (learning), trying to get a post published “the easy way”, and other factors that don’t align with the community’s quality level.
- ❌ Do NOT Share Your Profile/WELCOME Message: Your profile or a welcome message doesn’t add additional value to the community. We are happy that you are happy here, but nonetheless. Your post will be REMOVED. ⚠️**
- ❌ Social Links: Do not post links to your personal Facebook page, Instagram, website, Twitter, etc. The community is not about advertising your page. ⚠️**
Note: You can put all your links to your work into your profile.
- ✅ Respect the privacy of others at all times.
- ✅ Being part of this community requires mutual trust. Authentic, expressive discussions make community + groups great, but they may also be sensitive and private. What’s shared in the community/group should stay in the community/group.
- ❌ Do not post your personal information, including your phone number, address, email, etc. in your public profile or any public forums.
- ❌ Do not provide your contact information to anyone unless you are sure they are legitimate.
- ❌ Communications, such as private or moderator messages, are not to be re-posted publicly without the explicit permission of all involved parties. ⚠️**
F) No Promotions or Spam
For Regular (Paying) Subscribers:
- ❌ Self-promotion, spam, and irrelevant links aren’t allowed. This includes promoting your education (even if relevant), including courses, coaching, and work. This also includes selling gear, giveaways/contests, social media links, sales funnels, or opt-ins. ⚠️*
- ❌ Spam is any messages, ads, or other information that is unsolicited and indiscriminately posted or shared across any location across the site, such as through announcements, tags, private messages, shouts, comments, forum posts, etc. ⚠️*
- ❌ No Affiliate Links or Self-solicitation. ⚠️*
- ❌ The use of any tool that automates messages, behaviors, or the utilization of features is not allowed. This includes macros or other means of posting announcements, sending friend requests, posting comments or tags, etc. ⚠️*
- ❌ Don’t ask for followers or DM’s or WhatsApp #. ⚠️*
For Group Leaders/Instructors/Educators:
- ✅ Please get in touch with us to set up a personal talk.
- Member profiles are intended for individuals, not companies, groups, or teams of individuals.
- Individuals whose business reflects their artistry are permitted to utilize their account with their business name.
- Spouses and/or life partners who work as a photography team are permitted to share a profile.
- In order to maintain a member profile, you must meet our membership requirements at all times: a profile photo, a header photo, a biography, and interests.
- Profiles that do not meet the membership requirements can be suspended until they comply. ⚠️**
- You must be at least 18 years old. Validation of age may be required.
- ❌ Member profiles are not to be used on behalf of third parties or on behalf of businesses where a member works outside the capacity for which their profiles were approved. ⚠️*
- ❌ All non-approved or other third-party or business uses of a profile are strictly prohibited and may result in profile suspension/complete ban. ⚠️*
H) Be safe
- ✅ Keep your login information private. Administrators and moderators will never ask you for your password or whole credit card number.
- ✅ Never publish your platform login information on any other site.
I) ⚠️ Consequences + Recourse: Bans, No-Refunds, Objection
- The ultimate discretion in acceptable content and behavior on ISO1200 Education lies with the moderation and administration staff at ISO1200 Media and Digital Marketing Express, LLC (WY, USA).
- ISO1200 Education retains the right to terminate any membership and subscription at its sole discretion.
- We hope everyone reads and follows the rules, but mistakes happen. Depending on which rules you break, one or more of the following may happen:
- Receive a warning message to inform you of the violation.
- Suspension from the ability to post in any capacity in any part of the platform.
- Removal of any offending content, such as photos, forum posts, comments, etc.
- ⚠️ Banning of your membership/subscriptions altogether. Depending on the severity of the situation, this can occur without warning and will include all your past and future accounts on ISO1200 Education.
⚠️ You won’t be eligible for any refund claim.
- ✅ Be on your BEST behavior.
- ✅ Sharing is caring.
- ✅ Upload ONLY relevant media (you have the copyrights for).
- ✅ Give-and-take.
- ✅ No spam whatsoever.
- ✅ Maintain an updated profile.
Legend for Strikes + Immediate Bans
- ⚠️ *= “No-Strike” Policy > This results in an immediate ban without being eligible for any refund claim (in case you subscribed to any paid learning). To make it crystal clear: Your account will be blocked immediately WITHOUT prior warning and with no chance to get back in.
- ⚠️ **= “Strike” > You get suspended for 14 days. 2 issues of caution will lead to your ban without being eligible for any refund claim (in case you subscribed to any paid learning).
ISO1200Education.com is published by Digital Marketing Express, LLC., a US registered company situated 30 N Gould St, Sheridan 82801, WY, USA