Emily’s Video TOC
- High Key vs Low Key Lighting > Effects > Best Choice for Dramatic Results; Sample Images
- Congruence Is Key!
- The Effects of Colors on Your Images, Color Choices Explained > Monochromatic, One Color, Analogous, Complementary, Triadic
- Dark Green Backdrop, Subject w/ Black Wig & Black Outfit, Warm Colors for Makeup, Black V-Flat, Main Light > 39”/100cm Deep Octabox; Catchlight, Camera Type& Settings (F-Stop, ISO, Shutter), Lens Type, Various Angles, Test Shots & Results
- Directing the Subject & BTS
- Adjustment to Setup #1b > 2nd Black V-Flat added, Main Light > Beauty Dish w/ Diffusion; White Reflector Board
- Directing the Subject, BTS & Results
- Adjustment to Setup #2a > V-Flat Repositioning > Flagging the Light
- Bonus Tip > Directing the Subject, BTS & Results
Dramatic portraiture lighting in small places. Not possible, you think? Think again and learn how easily it actually can be accomplished when you watch this video.
Emily shares three helpful tips with you on how to create your desired dramatic look. On top of that, she also demonstrates two lighting setups and their variations as well as model posing tips. Furthermore, she discloses the gear and camera settings she uses for these shots.
Special Offer for Our Inner Circle Members
52 Full-Sized Printable Photography Cheat Sheets (PDFs)
“QUICK CAPTURE CHEAT SHEETS”
Posing Men, Posing Women, Posing Groups, Portrait Composition, Portrait Lighting, Exposure Triangle the Practical Way, White Balance, Histogram, Shooting Modes, Focus Modes, Metering Modes, Color Theory, Lenses, Filters, Composition Balance, “Visual Weight”, Filling the Frame, Rule of Thirds, Triangles, Leading Lines, Dynamic Tension, Framing, Perspective + Depth, Natural Light, Low Light, Back Light, Speedlights, Flash Photography Lighting, and many many many topics more.
These 52 Sheets are grouped in the chapters The Basics, Composition, Preparing to Shoot, Shooting Styles.
Sure, that’s nothing new under the sun! But the love for details (creation) and the clever arrangement of the topics are just really super helpful. Nicely edited for your tablet, phone, and print.”
Get 10% OFF
Emily Teague is an editorial & commercial photographer based in Brooklyn, New York. Her style of photography is greatly influenced by her photojournalism, travels, color, and love for creating visual narratives.
She balances her passion for creating stories with telling the stories of others through her work with non-profits and NGOs. Her work has taken her to over 30 countries throughout North America, Europe, Asia, the Middle East, the Caribbean, and West Africa.
Emily is currently available for commercial & editorial bookings, as well as commissioned work from organizations worldwide.